https://twitter.com/lydiaintraining       Instagram      Pinterest      Google+      Email






Sunday 19 July 2015

FRAMES, TRAINS AND NETFLIX FEELS

After exams, I was straight off to see H in Exeter, who was at university, as I’d decided to make the most of the opportunity to visit for a few days before she moves to Spain for a year. The weather was amazing, compared to the northern gale I’m used to, and for the first time this year I had the chance to wear my oversized, navy frame Mango sunglasses. Despite the sun, we spent my first afternoon chilling in the Lush Brazened Honey face mask with takeaway pizza and 30 Rock as Hatts was recovering from a sudden flu. After 2 seasons in 4 days, I may be turning into Liz Lemon. But as I like a night in under the duvet, that was possibly my favourite night.

Lush face masks are lush
Well-rested, the next day consisted of brunch with Teagan, H’s friend from uni, at Bill’s (my new favourite place to eat) and shopping. We went into Exeter Cathedral, which had been on my to-do list and visited Vintage Store Exeter, a treasure trove of prints and sequins. I bought a light tea dress, which I expect will be great for summer if this sun continues, and I found a thick, red and white striped t-shirt to introduce some variety to my wardrobe which is primarily navy and white stripe. Let's just say I’m having a moment with stripes. After having watched Pitch Perfect the night before, we saw the sequel at the cinema and I must confess to eating an entire bag of mint matchmakers myself. But any chocolate that says ‘SHARE PACK’ is simply asking to be proved wrong.

Bill's blueberry pancakes with bacon, maple stuff and all that fun fruit
Exeter Cathedral
The next day we caught the train to Topsham where we scoured the charity shops, gift shops and antique store, resulting in a £5.50 denim jacket, a book on modernism and a birthday card for my best friend whose birthday was 3 months away. Once back at H’s I threw on the red and white vintage dress and we went for dinner at Carluccio’s. I don’t know how we do it, but we always seem to find ourselves there with a bowl of pasta, in a long discussion over which pudding to go for. After a tense debate over the bread and butter pudding and salted caramel sundae, I caved in to my wild side and chose the special. I didn’t have my glasses so I couldn’t read the specials board. Luckily, it was a hazelnut ice cream with a molten chocolate core. It’s also lucky that I’m not allergic to nuts.


Quay Antiques Centre, Topsham

I left H on the train platform on the Thursday, because college was starting the next day, and waved as the train drew away. It wasn't an overly emotional departure as we were reuniting the next week after Bristol University open day to bring her back to Yorkshire. I love having her home; it’s just like having another of myself around the house, and who wouldn’t want that? We are frequently having the same thoughts at the same moments but it hasn’t become annoying yet. We'll see how it goes...

The button-down dress from Vintage Store Exeter

L

No comments:

Post a Comment