https://twitter.com/lydiaintraining       Instagram      Pinterest      Google+      Email






Saturday 22 February 2014

Nancy Drew: Unlikely Style Icon

I feel slightly fraudulent as I have, rather shamefully, not read any of the Nancy Drew books. However, when I say Nancy Drew is a style icon, I mean Nancy Drew played by Emma Roberts in the 2007 film which I have loved since I first watched it when I was about eight. Bringing style to sleuthing, she’s doing it for the nerds. Hello, have you seen her shoes? Here are the reasons she’s one of my fashion icons:
Nancy drew.jpg
Theatrical release poster (from Wikipedia)
1)   Drew made moccasins and penny loafers a thing.
2)   She is the Queen of co-ords.
3)   Her bag (or 'sleuthing kit') is the most practical since Mary Poppins’ – it always contains some form of baking, be it a blondie or a lemon bar, and I seriously need one for my brownies. She brought my two loves together: fashion and food.
4)   She can wear a peter-pan collar shirt in P.E. and get away with it (it's impractical, but if I could, I would).
5)   She isn't afraid to be herself and stand out from the crowd.

Well done, Drew, well done.

L


No comments:

Post a Comment